When we first found out we were pregnant and was told the due date was October 6, I had said how neat it would be if I was four days late so our little one could have a birthday of 10/10/10. Let me tell you, be careful when you wish to go past your due date:D When I started having preterm labor around 30 weeks, we just kept hoping we could make it past 36 weeks so our little one wouldn't have prematurity problems. Well, we made it past 36 weeks, then 37, then 38, then 39, then 40! I said we were already seeing the personality of our little one beginning to show! She was being stubborn and letting us know she was in charge:D Well, I had my last OB appointment on October 7 and scheduled an induction for the following Thursday. We were really hoping we wouldn't have to wait that long so all weekend we walked, and walked and walked.....
I woke up Sunday morning having regular contractions. But I didn't think too much about it because I had been having pretty regular contractions since 30 weeks. We were getting ready to go to our nephews blessing and I was suddenly hit with hard, frequent contractions. I kept telling Ty that we had to make it to the blessing! Well, we made it to the blessing, and left right after because my contractions were coming every 3-5 minutes. We went home and I tried resting to see if the contractions would stop or slow down because I didn't think we could be so lucky to have our little on on 10/10/10! Well, after a couple hours the contractions were every 2-3 minutes and a lot stronger. Ty finally convinced me to go to the hospital! (Yes, I was hesitant to go to the hospital because I didn't want to get sent home!) So we finished packing our bags and headed to the hospital. Well, it took almost an hour to pack our bags and leave because every 2-3 minutes I had to stop what I was doing and wait for the contraction to pass. We got to the hospital and checked in. The nurse asked if I really thought I was in labor, or just hoping I was so I could have our baby on 10/10/10. I said well I think I am because it hurts! They hooked me up to the monitors and sure enough I was contracting every 2 minutes. They decided to watch me for an hour and then decide if I had progressed enough to stay there or if I needed to go back home. Well, I was progressing. I went from a 4 to a 10 in just over an hour. The nurses were hurrying to get the IV antibiotics in me because I needed to have two doses at least 4 hours apart or our little one might need to spend some time in the NICU. It took them almost 45 minutes to get an IV started on me so that slowed things down quite a bit. When the anesthesiologist came in to do my epidural, she had to do it twice! It was not my best days for needles:D Well once the epidural was in, it was time to push. We were hoping to make our little one's birthday on 10/10/10 at 10:10 pm, but if she had been born before 10:19 then she would have not made the four hour mark for antibiotics. Finally, at 10:28 pm our little one arrived! The doctor pulled the baby out and flipped it over so we couldn't see if it was a girl or a boy. The doctor then turned to baby to Ty and said "What is it dad?". Ty smiled a big smile and said "It's a girl!!!". We were so excited! She is the most beautiful and perfect little girl ever! So our beautiful Hailey got the best birthday in the world, 10/10/10! We love her so much and are so blessed to have this beautiful little girl in our family!
Our family picture as we head home for the first time!




1 comment:
Yay she is so stinkin cute! I can't believe that smile. Congrats again. Motherhood is the best!
Post a Comment