Out beautiful baby is 6 months old now! I can't believe it's been half a year since she entered our lives. I can't even remember what our life was like before she came along. Being a mom is one of the most rewarding and one of the hardest things I have ever done. Yet I wouldn't change a single moment of it! When I have to wake up much earlier than I would like each morning, all I do is look at the beauitful little girl looking at me with her big blue eyes and see her smile that wonderful smile and suddenly sleeping in doesn't matter anymore. That's waht motherhood does, it teaches you what really matters in your life. My priorities have changed alittle big since October 10, 2010. But I am so grateful they have! Thank you Hailey for reminding your mom and dad what is most important!
Poor little Hailey has been sick for a couple weeks now, with a sinus infection:( It is her first sickness, and it just won't end! We've been to the doctor a couple times, switched antibiotics, and now are hoping she will get better! She had her 6 month check-up earlier this week and here are her latest stats. Her weight isn't entirely accurate because she has lost weight since she became sick, so we are just trying to get it back up again!
Height: 26 3/4 inches, 81%
Weight: 14 lbs 12 oz, 21%
Still our tall, slender girl:) Hailey's personality is starting to shine! She is VERY stubborn. I think she must get that from her daddy;-) She does what she wants, when she wants to! Before we had her Ty and I had all these grand ideas about how we were going to raise our child, but let me tell you, I think Hailey is raising us:) She loves to play with her toys, and now that she can roll any which way, she rolls across the room to get what she wants! We already need to baby-proof the house. She loves to talk to us, and especially to sing to us! I told her the angels must have taught her how to sing so pretty:) She loves bath time and snuggling in mommy and daddy's bed. She thinks the big bed, mommy and daddy's bed, is her bed. And since her stubborn personality is shining very brightly right now, we don't argue:-D We love our little Hailey so much!
This is her excited face when she is waiting for her next bite!!
Snuggling in mommy and daddy's bed....

Must be nap time!

Hailey LOVES our computer! She is constantly typing on them. Yes she already e-mails both her uncles who are on missions!

She already has learned how to pull the cat's tail! Luckily Apollo is a good sport about it and lets her:)

She pets the cats every chance she can get, well let me rephrase that, pulls the cat's fur every chance she gets

Both our kitties are so good to Hailey and let her pull on them every which way!

She did not want me to get her dressed after bath time because she wanted to stay in the bath, so she kept rolling across the floor every time I tried to put her p.j.'s on! Yes the stubborn personality is showing:)

Ty's Mission Reunion with his Mission President and Mission Mom.

Grandma Smedley and Hailey with her 6 month birthday present!









1 comment:
She is so cute and spunky! I know all about the stubborn genes, I'm afraid Dustin gave his to Deegan as well. He hasn't let me feed him for the last 4 months! She is so cute though! Hope to see ya soon. Love ya.
Post a Comment